Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dutchess Arts Council Book Launch/Fundraiser/Funny Event

From the drawing my mother framed when I was four to 38 years years later, my personal and professional lives have creatively overlapped. I am a graphic designer and portrait painter. My design career has taught me how to promote my paintings and my paintings have given inspiration for my designs. My design has taught me how to solve problems and be a leader and my paintings give my mind the ability to rest to deliver creative solutions. My design has taught me to work with the best people in order to soar and my paintings help me soar and give me the confidence to be my best.

Maybe this doesn't make sense to you, but what it boils down to is that my creative accomplishments, whether commercial or fine-art, would never happen with out creative people around me.

For the past 4 months several of my colleagues and I have been working on the inaugural Art Studio Views (artsnortherndutchess.org). It's going to happen on the 18-19 of this month and it would never have been possible without the help of amazing creative people, one of whom is Benjamin Krevolin from the Dutchess County Arts Council.

There are so many to thank and in the coming months, I will get to each of them. But today I want to thank Ben for his wealth of knowledge, guidance, help and humor in all my creative ventures. His dedication to the arts is invaluable to our area and Dutchess County just wouldn't be as great without his undying efforts. Supporting the Dutchess County Arts Council is essential for our kids, our economy, our sanity, and our community. So I encourage you to go to their really cool fundraiser happening Friday October 17th. Below you will find all the delightful details:

Some Delights of the Hudson Valley; An Anthology of Hudson Valley Humor
Compiled & Edited by Danny Shanahan

Friday, October 17th
6:30 Reception / 7:30 Show
Olin Hall
Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson

Tickets are:
$35 for individual (includes 1 book)
$50 for a couple (includes 1 book)
PLEASE call the Arts Council to reserve tickets – 845-454-3222
Or go to website: http://www.artsmidhudson.org/

Readings (of their own work) by contributors – Denny Dillon from SNL, Mary-Louise Wilson from Grey Gardens, Robert Kelly, Mikhail Horowitz, Lou Trapani and many more; music by contributor and legend, Graham Parker; cartoon panel Q&A with New Yorker team Shanahan, Donnelly, Maslin, Crawford and more; reception, signings, food, door prize for tkts to The Daily Show, raffle for original cartoon art, hob-nobbing and MUCH, MUCH MORE!!

PLEASE PASS THIS INVITE ON!

(Epigraph Publishing ~ An Alternative Publishing Imprint of Monkfish Book Publishing Company)

Dutchess Arts Council Book Launch/Fundraiser/Funny EventSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: