Friday, January 16, 2009

The lighter side: Top 10 things to do with your spare time when you're unemployed

1. Get a Valium prescription
2. Go to Jersey for cheap wine
3. Form your own happy hour networking club (I already have one and you are welcome to join)
4. Become a comedian
5. Submit your cocktail recipes to nrobbins@namaro.com (Subject line: recipes)
6. Tell us what type of job your looking for and we will publish it on the blog (hey you never know? 700 contacts may know someone) send to nrobbins@namaro.com (Subject line: my job)
7. Perfect your Van Halen Guitar Hero imitation
8. Resurrect your love for the Macarena and dance with your sweety
9. Put that crazy business idea to work
10. Go to you tube and watch this "Evolution of dance" video

The lighter side: Top 10 things to do with your spare time when you're unemployedSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe if I could find someone to prescribe me some Valium, I'd be taking it.

I have been a graphic designer for ten years, moved here to the HV to work for Bard College and 9 months later was fired. I was mortified! Come to find out, they have quite the reputation for hiring and firing designers. Since then, I have been looking everywhere for work. There are no jobs. And laughing about the situation has worn thin because paying my bills is becoming more and more difficult.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd sure like to know what to do now.